Explore the Authentic Side of Thailand
Thailand is one of the most beautiful, colorful, and vibrant countries in the world. I fell in love with Thailand in 2005 when I went on a two-week vacation to escape the Boston winter. It was my first time to Asia, and I found the country chaotic, beautiful, energetic, and filled with incredible things to see and do, delicious food, and friendly and happy people. I had never experienced a place so beautiful and fulfilling.
Since that initial visit, I lived in Bangkok for two years teaching English, learned Thai, ran tours throughout the country, and criss-crossed and digested every part of the country on countless trips. There isn’t a year that goes by that I don’t visit the country – drawn in by its magical powers.
Over the last ten years, I’ve watched the changes Thailand has undergone. I’ve seen the tourists come and go, places fall in and out of fashion, hostels boom, the political landscape change, and the food and international cocktail scene exploded. I’ve seen markets spring up only to be torn down.
I’ve had a front row seat to what’s been going on in the country.
And, in this travel guide, I share all that knowledge with you.
With this guidebook, you’ll get a look at Thailand the way it’s meant to be seen. This book is for the intrepid traveler who wants to not only see the main sites but also get to know the culture, get off the well-trod tourist travel path, and have a fun time that yields a deeper understanding of the country, its people, and culture.
This guide is for someone who doesn’t just want to check off a box but wants to explore. I wrote with this guide as the guide I wish I had when I had started out – a no fluff guide that gave me exactly the practical, precise, and insider information I couldn’t find elsewhere.
(Me at the Elephant Nature Park in Northern Thailand)
What’s in this Thailand Guide?
- A history of Thailand – Start off with a historical overview of how the country got to where it is today. Because you can’t know a place until you know its’ past!
- Budgeting advice – Suggested daily budgets (for many travel styles) and money-saving tips that will help you have the best experience possible without breaking the bank.
- Suggested itineraries – You’ll get one-week, two-week, one-month, and two-month suggested itineraries to help you plan you your trip and discover the hidden gems of the country.
- The best things to see and do – Discover unique, beautiful, inexpensive, and overlooked sights to make your trip unforgettable that are also affordable.
- Accommodation suggestions – Find the best lodgings for your wallet, with advice from a professional budget traveler.
- Food tips – Thailand is full of delicious, cheap food. I’ll tell you where my favorite restaurants are so you can enjoy the mouthwatering local cuisine as well as international restaurants without spending a lot of money. (Ones you won’t find in mainstream guides!)
- Bars and clubs – Drinking and partying abroad is often expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. I’ll tell you how to drink like a local and save at the most unique nightlife locales.
- Transportation advice – When traveling, using public transport to get around is often a stressful and confusing ordeal. I’ll show you the simplest, easiest, and cheapest ways to get around.
- Practical information – No matter how prepared you think you are, things can go wrong and local customs can get overlooked. You’ll always be prepared with this extensive list of important information for travelers.
- Related books and movies – Get inspired for your trip by watching some the best movies and reading the most useful and inspiring books about Thailand that I’ve ever watched and read.
What regions does it cover?
This guide covers the following destinations in Thailand:
Ko Phi Phi
Thailand is one of the most fascinating countries in the world and the regular guidebooks to the country are often out of date and geared toward mass market tourism. This guide is for the budget traveler, written by a budget traveler! I’ve spent years uncovering the country, so you can walk in armed with the best available information!
Plan Your Thailand Adventure Today!
Get this $9.99 guidebook as a PDF to read on any device AND be able to access it on the road. This book will help you navigate Thailand like a local, avoid the crowds, and save money so you can travel cheaper, better, and smarter!
What makes your guide different? It caters to budget travelers and helps those previously discouraged by financial limitations to make their travel dreams come true. In addition, all of the information included in this guide is from first-hand experience by a professional nomad and best-selling author (i.e., me!).
What makes you an expert on Thailand? I’ve been to Thailand more times than I can count, lived there for two years, and run tours there each year. All of the recommendations in this guide are my personal favorite places to see, eat, and drink.
What’s the difference between this guide and the information on this site? While the website has a lot of good information on Thailand, it doesn’t offer specific accommodation, restaurant, or bar recommendations; neighborhood information; itineraries; or extensive money-saving tips. It doesn’t give any sort of background on the history of Thailand, tell you anything about the culture there, or go over important information like customs, laws, visas, and emergency contacts.
How frequently are these guides updated? The comprehensive guides are updated yearly. This one was last updated in September 2016.
How will this save me money? This guide was written for budget travelers by a budget traveler. It includes cheaper options for food, activities, and accommodation, as well as tips to save money while still having a high-quality travel experience.
Is this guide available in print? No, it is only available as an e-book (for PDF).
Are there any discount coupons inside? No, there are not. However, there are plenty of tips included to help you save money!
If I have any questions or concerns, can I contact you? Of course! You can contact me via email anytime at email@example.com and I’ll answer any questions you might have.